Direct Support Professional
Adult Services, DXT and Residential Programs
Various shifts, Full and Part Time
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
Reports To: Group Leader / QIDP/LSS/Manager
Driving Status: A valid driver’s license is required for this position
- Maintain a person first environment by:
- Respecting the individuals we serve by knowing their individual needs and preferences and providing opportunities for choice making.
- Advocate for the individual to have the best quality of life.
- Facilitate Personal growth and development by ensuring appropriate supports and services
- Assisting participants in building and Maintaining Positive Relationships within their families, peer groups and the community at large.
- Demonstrate Professionalism by:
- Respecting the values of participants, their family members and fellow coworkers
- adhering to agency policies and protocols
- Readily accepting and receiving feedback to improve performance
- Maintaining meaningful records by collecting, compiling and evaluating data.
- Support good health of the participants we serve by:
- Promoting positive behavior and supports
- Supporting health and wellness
- Preventing, recognizing and reporting abuse.
- Support Safety of the participants we serve by:
- Supporting crisis prevention, intervention and resolution.
- Following appropriate safety procedures including participant specific supervision requirements.
- Organizing and maintaining an effective, clean, safe and functional physical work area.
- Support greater levels of independence in activities of daily living across all environments.
- Facilitate and promote meaningful community integration opportunities while assisting our participants to become productive members of society.
- Maintain ethical work practices.
Adult Program Specific Requirements:
- Transport participants to and from program and volunteer/recreational sites when assigned.
- Manage the class in the absence of the Group Leader. Initiate activities and adhere to daily and weekly schedules.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Team Meetings to promote:
- Meaningful programming for participants
- Consistency of teaching and generalization of skills across program and home environments
- Crisis intervention Protocols and long term behavioral change
- Additional responsibilities as determined by the Director of Adult Services/Managers