LensCrafters is bringing its optical retail experience to Macy’s department stores in the U.S.
Macy’s and Luxottica, a world leader in eye care, have a successful history together. Our relationship is built around a shared mission of providing customers with the highest quality products, a passion for style, and a broad brand portfolio able to meet diverse consumer choices. At LensCrafters, we feel the world deserves a thoughtful and caring partner who understands that true vision care is a synergy of trusted eye care and exceptional eyewear.
LensCrafters reinforces Macy’s commitment to the health and wellness of its customers. Eye health is critical to everyone’s personal well-being, and easy in-store access to LensCrafters optometrists, personalized service, and fashionable product assortment dovetail well with Macy’s strengths.
If you share our love for the customers we serve, the sense of sight, and the work we do, this is the place for you to build a rewarding career.
The EyeCare Advisor creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering the LensCrafters Experience. Ensures all patients receive the highest quality Optometric care. Delivers the store’s key performance indicators by integrating the Brand Story and ensuring flawless execution of the patient experience/behaviors and seamlessly links the doctor and retail functions together.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets customers without delay (within 30 seconds).
- Promptly answers the telephone (3 rings) in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Explains all required paperwork, tests, products, and services
- Attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identifies special needs, consulting with Optician, Managing Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or difficult customers and patients.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume.
- Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution.
- Demonstrates knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/procedures.
- Handles and files all patient records in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with HIPAA.
- Places contact lens orders, processes shipments, and properly submit invoices for payment.
- Operates the POS system terminal inputting customer/patient and prescription information with accuracy and attention to details.
- Accurately operates the POS system, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, layaways, discounts, insurance, and coupons.
- Explains to customers “One Hour” processing and expected delivery times.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided guidelines.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all associates/patients.
- Quickly responds to changes in-store promotions with appropriate staff communications, graphics, and point of purchase materials.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle, and budgetary
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all measurements and answers any questions the patient may have.
- Utilizing clinical and product knowledge provides coaching and guidance to patients on the care and handling of contact lenses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and disinfection of contact lens inventory; provides clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Knowledge of current fashion trends
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Organization skills
- Sales skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge of office and store merchandise
- Previous experience in customer service, retail, and/or optical
- Strong interpersonal skills