FOREVER 21, is an American fast fashion retailer headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Originally known as Fashion 21, the first store was founded in Los Angeles on April 16, 1984. Forever 21 is known for its trendy offerings and low pricing. The company offers fashion for women, men, and children, fashion accessories, shoes, beauty products, and home goods.
Forever 21 continues to be a fashion industry leader with a mission to make the latest trends accessible to all. F21 persists in staying ahead of innovation and providing styles and fits that our customers love. While reinventing for now and beyond, we’re seeking passionate and creative new family members to join us on this adventure! F21 continues to operate E-commerce and 450 locations across the U.S. along with maintaining a strong brand DNA with consumers and within the fashion industry.
In February 2020, Forever 21 came under new ownership made up of Simon Property Group, Brookfield Property Partners, and Authentic Brands Group. Under this new ownership F21 has the financial strength and long-term view that will prepare us for the future while continuing to set the same high standards as it always has. Join our team and learn the inner sanctum of the global fashion industry, while we build the new Forever 21!
The Manager Operations reports to and supports the General Brand Manager in ensuring the store teams deliver top-quality customer service and create an excellent customer experience. The Manager Operations will help manage leads and brand ambassadors in maintaining and driving sales, customer satisfaction, store’s facilities, loss prevention audits, service, staffing goals, payroll planning, safety, administrative work, company programs, and inventory control are actualized in accordance with company-defined practices and processes. Alongside the GM, the Manager Operations must be a role model for our company, our customer-first mentality, and our culture.
• Aids in educating and providing feedback to store team on the customer-first mentality, operational standards, processes, and company programs
• Actively participates in-store walkthroughs with General Brand Manager and District leadership to ensure the consistency
and quality of service and operational execution • Helps set the tone and standards that drive customer satisfaction that will lead the business to be recognizable within the market
• Reinforces customer service values by coaching leads and brand ambassadors
• Trains and develops teams through the Company’s Customer FIRST training model
• Works with General Brand Manager and other members of management to create processes or programs in store that will drive sales and bottom-line profitability
• Partners with the General Brand Manager on analyzing data in order to plan and strategize appropriately
• Drives results through creating short-term plans and long-term strategies, processes, and events that reflect a positive and rewarding experience with the company for both the customer and the employees
• Communicates regularly with management team regarding all aspects of sales, payroll deliverables, customer feedback, and lead/brand ambassador performance
• Ensures service, merchandising, operational standards, and Company credit initiatives are met through company-defined practices and processes
• Manages hiring goals and payroll planning and forecasting against key targets
• Effectively partners and builds productive working relationships with supervisor, peers, leads, and brand ambassadors
• Assists with talent selection, training, coaching, engagement, and retention for all store employees
• Partners with merchandising leaders to ensure execution of markdowns/signage/marketing align with merchandise placement
• Owns the daily schedule of employees and the business which can include Kronos, staff schedules, and payroll budgeting
• Leads overall store earnings by driving top-line sales and managing controllable contribution.
• Assists in addressing performance by initiating and administering action plans for leads and brand ambassadors
• Spends at least 60% of the shift performing Leader on Duty tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Must demonstrate a strong customer focus
• Must be skilled in coaching and training, sales generation, strategic planning, and customer service.
• Must be able to attract, recruit and retain top talent. Must have the skill set to train and develop brand ambassadors
• Must have excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
• Must be able to maneuver around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including a minimum of 2 closing shifts per week and 2 full weekends per month. Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred.
• Must have at least 2 to 3 years of retail experience with prior supervisory or management experience.