Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With endless opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy’s. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development. We want talent like you.
As a Private Brand Coordinator, you will drive Private Brand sales and profitability for assigned location(s), with a primary focus on merchandise execution and brand integrity. This role is the advocate for elevating presentation standards for Private Brand initiatives and using business analysis skills to maximize success and identify opportunities. Coordinators will closely support the Manager of Operations & Visual Merchandising (OVM) with the responsibility of “best in class merchandising” for our key focus brands. The Coordinator role reinforces and educates colleagues on product knowledge and merchandise presentation in order to enhance our customers’ experience. This position reports to the Senior Director of RTW Merchandise Execution. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate “best in class” merchandise execution of directives and visual presentation standards for Private Brands.
- Collaborate with OVM to ensure the highest level of brand presentation, execution standards and utilize branded directives, collateral, and capital.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key partners in the stores and Division (STM, OVM, CSX, Colleagues, and MyStylist).
- Partner with Store Manager on the execution of planned business-driving strategies at the store level.
- Actively plan, organize and lead training seminars for associates within your assigned store(s).
- Influence merchandise space and location by sharing feedback with supervisor and store partners.
- Conduct weekly/monthly business analysis using Power BI to maximize success and identify opportunities.
- Proactively communicate updates around sales/business results, space and location, competition, store visits, and special initiatives to supervisor.
- Partner with Division and Store teams on all floor moves, special projects, workload planning, visit prep, etc.
- Participation and involvement in-store visits with DVPs and Regional Teams.
- Support store(s) by determining schedule and frequency of visits in partnership with People Leader and Store Manager(s).
- Support Private Brands across total Apparel and Home. Prioritization of brands may vary by store and change depending on seasonality and key market share event needs throughout the year.
- Partner with OVM and Visual partners to share best practices and photos via Company channels such as Yammer.
- Sales and Customer Service: Reinforce and role-model enhanced customer experience by leading coaching and training on Private Brand initiatives.
- Leverage Monthly Execution Guides and Merchandising Essentials to train colleagues on product knowledge and merchandise presentation in order to enhance our customers’ shopping experience.
- Communicate and train store leaders and colleagues on new product launch strategies and initiatives.
- Coordinate monthly merchandise information meetings with the store team to continue expanding colleagues’ product knowledge and selling techniques to ensure our customers receive the highest level of service.
- Train store team on building MyClient relationships, work with CSX Managers to expand current client base to grow business.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- 4-year degree preferred. 1-2 years management experience with demonstrated merchandising skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills are inclusive of understanding the basics of retail reporting.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including night & weekend hours, based upon store/company business needs and scheduled events. Flexible with scheduling based on marketing calendar and events. Travel is required, up to 50%
- This position involves regular walking, standing, communicating. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.