We are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join our team.
We are a West Brighton-based manufacturing company founded in 1975.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Purchasing Manager. The position is primarily a 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, on-site job. Night/weekend work and travel are not routine but are possible occasionally.
• The employee will work within a computerized purchasing system to create purchase orders from requisitions and will expedite and track existing purchase orders by interfacing with vendors.
• The employee will also develop alternate sources and vendors, will handle exceptions in quantity and quality, and will source and procure one-time instances of materials, products, and equipment
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in industrial or commercial purchasing.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Knowledge of best practices in purchasing.
• Must be able to creatively source products from vendors and have a flexible approach to finding the best pricing and sources for materials.
• Knowledge of fasteners, electroplating, tool and die operations, injection molding, and printing is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus.
Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to take direction and work directly under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager.
• Ability to take on other office functions as needed, i.e. answering phones, basic data entry, customer service, etc.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills.
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Good math skills.
• Ability to write coherent business English.
• Ability to work as a team member with shared responsibilities.
• Available to work full time with minimal unscheduled days off.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Excellent benefits package offered.