NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres of land – 14 percent of New York City – including more than 5,000 individual properties ranging from Coney Island Beach and Central Park to community gardens and Greenstreets. We operate more than 800 athletic fields and nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 550 tennis courts, 65 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 14 golf courses, and 14 miles of beaches. We care for 1,200 monuments and 23 historic house museums. We look after 600,000 street trees and two million more in parks. We are New York City’s principal providers of recreational and athletic facilities and programs. We are home to free concerts, world-class sports events, and cultural festivals.
• Assist in general maintenance work, including lawn mowing, edging, seeding, snow removal, cultivating, fertilizing, sod laying and hedge trimming, sweeping and raking of litter, and emptying of receptacles.
• Clean and maintain facilities including comfort stations.
• Perform minor repair work including but not limited to plumbing, masonry, electrical, painting, carpentry, metalwork, and vehicle and equipment repair.
• Drive vehicles and operate certain other motorized equipment.
• Perform safety checks on facilities and equipment.
• May move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties.