GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct and close supervision, with little latitude for the exercise of initiative or judgment, performs general work.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL TASKS
• Perform light repair and general maintenance work in building and grounds of various public structures.
• Use hand and powered grass mowers and other equipment.
• Pick up litter, rake debris and dig pits and ditches and remove snow and ice.
• Clean interiors and exteriors of structures. Perform sidewalk and road depression repair work.
• Adjust, lubricate and make minor repairs to equipment and machinery. After appropriate training operate, maintain and winterize the chlorination and filtration equipment in indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
• Aid in the operation of chemical sewage treatment apparatus and auxiliary equipment.
• Assist in providing informational, educational and safety services to the general public in person and over the telephone.
• Complete simple reports on activities performed.