LensCrafters is bringing its optical retail experience to Macy’s department stores in the U.S.
Macy’s and Luxottica, a world leader in eye care, have a successful history together. Our relationship is built around a shared mission of providing customers with the highest quality products, a passion for style, and a broad brand portfolio able to meet diverse consumer choices. At LensCrafters, we feel the world deserves a thoughtful and caring partner who understands that true vision care is a synergy of trusted eye care and exceptional eyewear.
LensCrafters reinforces Macy’s commitment to the health and wellness of its customers. Eye health is critical to everyone’s personal well-being, and easy in-store access to LensCrafters optometrists, personalized service, and fashionable product assortment dovetail well with Macy’s strengths.
If you share our love for the customers we serve, the sense of sight, and the work we do, this is the place for you to build a rewarding career.
The Sales Associate creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering The LensCrafters Experience through the LensCrafters Advantages. Ensures customers are always delighted by performing the key steps of our service and selling model.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service by performing the following Sales and Service Associate Guidelines:
- Greeting the Customer and establishing a strong emotional connection, Build lasting partnerships
- Explaining the Process in a transparent way
- Merchandise Selection
- Utilize services and tools - Ie: TAB (when applicable), Insurance application, Find Your Look, My Look, Lens Simulator, Lens Pricing App, Shopping Tray
- Learn Product Knowledge
- Remain current with evolving technology, processes, and product knowledge
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle, and budgetary needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assists other retail associates with difficult and complex areas of customer product needs and prescriptions
- Shows patience and courtesy with indecisive or hard-to-please customers; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at root causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems and ensure customers are satisfied and expectations are exceeded.
- At the discretion of floor leadership, duties may also include: Collecting Measurements, Performing Adjustments, and Dispensing Eyewear.
- Strives to achieve "Exceptional Results” on LensCrafters’ annual CEI/Functional Skills that align with brand priorities.
- Operates the Point of Sale terminal inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sale cashier terminal, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, discounts, insurance, and coupons.
- Explains to customers expected delivery times.
- Shows customers where to pick-up their glasses upon return to the store.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided planograms.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all associates/customers. Inform management of any potential safety opportunities (broken tiles, furniture, etc.)
- Ensure a positive and productive Store Manager/Macy’s Host relationship that contributes to growing the business and customer satisfaction
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener, and team builder
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Strong basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Sales skills
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Embrace new technology and change
- Previous customer service and retail experience